ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
GLADE HILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO)
The undersigned, intending to form a Virginia non-stock corporation pursuant to Chapter 10 of Title 13.1 of the Code of Virginia, state(s) as follows:
The name of the corporation is GLADE HILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO).
The Glade Hill Elementary School PTO is dedicated to nurturing an environment that enriches learning through communication, information, and support for the Franklin County School District community. The organization is organized exclusively for the educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding section of any future federal tax code (hereinafter “Internal Revenue Code”). The purpose for which the corporation is organized is to conduct any and all lawful business for which corporations can be organized pursuant to Virginia statute, including but not limited to:
- Promoting the education and well-being of all children at home, in school, and in the community.
- Providing a forum for discussion and foster communication between parents, administrators, educators and the community.
- Enhancing the educational facilities and opportunities for the students of Glade Hill Elementary School, which are not otherwise provided for in the school budgets.
- Promoting volunteer programs and resources for GLADE HILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTO.
- Sponsoring projects and events for the benefit of Glade Hill Elementary School students.
- Raising funds as required to provide for all the above objectives.
Membership shall consist of any persons who will undertake the purposes of the organization, with particular emphasis on the faculty and staff of Glade Hill Elementary School and the parents or guardians of the students thereof.
The Officers shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The officers shall be elected by the members.
REGISTERED AGENT AND OFFICE
The name of the corporation’s initial registered agent is Patricia Rhodes, is a resident of Virginia and an initial officer of the corporation.
The address of the corporation’s initial registered office, which is identical to the business office of the initial registered agent, is 8081 Old Franklin Turnpike, Glade Hill, Virginia 24092. The registered office is located in the County of Franklin.
The Corporations’ initial Board of Directors and Officers shall be comprised of the following persons:
Directors shall be elected at the first annual members’ meeting and at each annual meeting thereafter.
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
Glade Hill Elementary School PTO will not:
- Attempt to influence legislation.
- Pay compensation to any officers, directors or trustees.
- Donate funds or pay expenses for individual(s).
- Conduct activities or provide grants or other assistance to individual(s) or organization(s) outside the United States.
- Engage in financial transactions (for example, loans, payments, rents, etc.) with any of our officers, directors or trustees, or an entities they own control.
- Have unrelated business gross income of $1,000 or more during a tax year.
- Operate bingo or other gaming activities.
- Provide disaster relief.
ARTICLE VII I
Upon Dissolution of the corporation, its assets shall be disposed of exclusively for the purposes of the corporation or distributed to such organizations organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes which shall, at the time, qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3).
Signed by the Incorporator(s) as of August 23, 2018.